Monday, August 24, 2009

Brad Pitt's face and Jesus's abs

Puppy took me to see (500) Days of Summer yesterday and I loved it! It was a cute movie, totally refreshing and entertaining. The actors worked well and the quirky movie-type gimmicks (split-screen, a sing-and-dance scene, forays into French cinema) actually seemed appropriate and whimsical!

But what I appreciated most was the music! I loved the Smiths references and that "Here Comes Your Man" was a choice karaoke song! [Gleemonex, this is entirely for your benefit.]

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Dude -- you may have just said the only thing that would get me to watch this movie. I like the stars a lot, but I thought it would be this precious mincing indie thing made by Film Stoodents, you know what I mean? But on your recommendation, Panda ...

Panda!!!! said...

Don't get me wrong - some of the contrivances are very overwrought if you don't completely buy into it!