Friday, January 4, 2008

It was a dark and stormy day


The local news is all abuzz about the confluence of three rainstorms hitting San Francisco this weekend. The first began yesterday and we're in the brunt of it currently.

My toes are still wet from coming to work this morning and I'm not sure my umbrella will function properly when I leave today. I, like a lot of people, experienced the ignoble phenomenon of walking along and having my umbrella burst inside out thanks to a gust of wind.

It looks like we should get about eight inches of rain before the weekend ends and we're looking to experience winds of 70 mph. Sheesh!

People at work are reporting felled trees, flooding and power outages. In fact, our office building a few miles south of the city has closed for the day due to a power outage. Mahogany Sparkle suffered a similar fate and lost power in the middle of the night. This morning, she woke up and had to get dressed in the dark. I wonder if she wore her lacy unmentionables over her slacks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how did she put on her makeups??