Sunday, January 27, 2008

You cock-blocked McLovin

Last night, after watching Superbad (a much more enjoyable movie with friends than with your parents, and a reminder of how Michael Cera is a hot comedic genius), PorkChop, Blanca, BritDJ and I braved the rains and headed out to get our drink on.

It was a surprisingly good crowd, considering the wretched weather. We ogled bar patrons, danced a bit, told fables of past hook ups and commented on the go-go dancers.

Earlier, I had been texting a very anxious young man whom I had met last week in LA. It seems he lives in Davis and was hoping for a little panda-loving during his weekend visit in San Francisco. But I'm sort of a tricky bastard and told him I was going to be one place, when in fact we were in a different part of town altogether.

Imagine my surprise when I relayed this to Blanca and he said he was doing the same thing with one of his current love interests! Is this something all people do? Or are my friends and I particularly despicable people?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the answer is yes.