Monday, January 7, 2008

Which one's Carrie?


I thoroughly enjoyed last night's premiere episode of Cashmere Mafia, a tale of four successful businesswomen trying to balance their upward mobility with family and social demands in a hectic New York City.

The premise is startlingly similar to Sex and the City, which shared the same creator and producers, but maybe there's less focus on sex and more focus on the tensions between life in the corner office and seeking matrimonial bliss.

In any case, the costumes were fierce, the ladies were lovely and I could totes see shades of myself and my friends in this foursome.

1 comment:

jboogie said...

i think darren star stole this idea from my life. i go to a wine bar with 2-3 b-school friends (we all work in fashion now) every week. of course, none of us are married, and none of us have phat apts like the ones in the show. none trying out girl-on-girl action either. but otherwise i could totally sue don't you think?