Thursday, January 17, 2008

Social utility

I don't think I'm doing a very good job at keeping up with the whole internet age. A few days ago, I finally succumbed to all the peer pressure and I built a profile on facebook.

Within minutes, I was sucked into this vortex of widgets and wall-writing and friends and poking and Heroes superpowers and lord knows what else! It was all very overwhelming and I suspect I unknowingly sent messages and posted comments to dozens of people in my "network."

I've found old friends from high school, current colleagues at The Corporation and folks whose faces look vaguely familiar. My profile photo is a typically un-serious one - and one that I hope will keep me out of trouble. The pace at which this site advances is swift and, as a working panda, I'm not sure I can keep up.
And as I get further and further mired into this digital world, I also hope I don't devolve into a facebook junkie who can't keep a job or interact in the "real" world.

1 comment:

jboogie said...

me loves facebook, which means you will too!