Monday, February 18, 2008

Japanese brunch

Yesterday was GarGar's birthday, so it's been a typically celebratory weekend. After a Saturday night of shots and shouting, drinking and dancing, GarGar assembled 30 of his closest friends for Sunday brunch. Imagine a long table for 30 at a smallish Japanese restaurant (with dance music and a Christina Aguilera concert playing on the television) where diners were taking full advantage of the $6 all-you-can-drink mimosas (except for this panda, who planned on hitting the gym after the meal).

So, I am a big fan of brunch. I love eggs and sausages and such. But the Japanese brunch kind of confused me. Sushi and tempura and terriyaki? Not really what I expect on a Sunday mid-morning. But it seemed to work and I filled up on sashimi and rice - even though I wished one of my bento box compartments had contained eggs benedict.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

You and me both, Panda.