Friday, February 29, 2008

Um, so yeah...

Internets, you know how you sometimes get into conversations and can't extract yourself and you end up sort of staring awkwardly at the person you're talking to? And they stare back at you with a sort of expectant expression on their face? But no one says anything and it's so strange and you question your social skills?

Well last night was like that.

I represented The Corporation at an event where eager MBA students were looking for jobs, internships, insight into getting a job, etc. My co-worker and I stood behind a table and enthusiastically greeted each student that approached us. We talked about our work, about the opportunities that exist within the company and our experiences prior to working at The Corporation.

Of course each student tried to work into the conversation why they'd be perfect for a position at The Corporation, and more importantly, in our department. Some were pretty skilled at this, but many simply lacked the art of conversation. And this panda wasn't in a mood to help the kids out. If you're not going to be engaging and interesting, I'm going to stare you down until you come up with something interesting to say or until you walk away.

No wonder my co-worker said, "You had so many odd people talking to you who just ended up staring before awkwardly saying goodbye" when we left the event.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

I cannot even tell you how funny I find this ... oh, Panda! You bring such joy to my life!