Monday, February 25, 2008

Take your time

Yesterday, I caught the last day of the Olafur Eliasson "Take Your Time" exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. I'd been wanting to check out the show for a while, but finally got my act together when I realized that it was being dismantled after Sunday.

Well, it seems that plenty of other people felt the same urgency since the line to the exhibit extended from the fifth floor galleries where it was installed all the way down to the bottom floor!

Amidst families with screaming kids, artsy fartsy students and the general populace, I waited patiently to experience this delightful exhibition. And it was pretty fantastic. Everything from the kaleidoscope tunnel to the misty room to the super yellow room that rendered everyone black & white - it was all very cool.

But, as I was staring into a bulbous wall that changed colors, I thought to myself, "Isn't this strange? Essentially, we're all standing in this circular room and staring at a wall and not interacting with each other." Interesting stuff, this "art."

No comments: