Monday, February 4, 2008

Thank you for being a friend

Well, today's my birthday and I'm one step closer to geezerhood. But in an effort to cling on to my lost youth, I decided to celebrate with a blow-out bash on Saturday night!

I reserved a little VIP area in the bar and had a great time with friends from all parts of my life. Friends from high school, college, my days in DC, business school, my SF posse... It was great to see so many people from different parts of my life celebrating moi!

As expected, memories of the night are pretty fuzzy, but that's the sign of a good party, right? One particularly vivid memory was when Selives led some of my friends in song, serenading me with the Golden Girls theme song. It was delightful!

I also may have paused mid-party for a minor birthday barf, after which my siblings helped me to drink some water - despite my protestations. All accounts assure me that I remained very ladylike and surprisingly poised. Nothing better than a little boot 'n rally to celebrate one's birth!

2 comments:

Mahogany Sparkle said...

Happy Birthday Marcusie! Hope you liked the Koala!

room8J said...

I had a great time! The string hanging out of my arm was unfortunately quite unaccessible due to my long sleeves, but I was able to show off my x-rays to everyone and even got a free physical therapy session from a party-goer. AND i got to meet Brother and Sister Panda!!!