Saturday, April 5, 2008

Breakfast buffet

Because The Corporation's per diem policy can be a bit on the stingy side, I try to stay in hotels that provide a complimentary breakfast. That way I can make sure to have a hearty meal to start the day and use the rest of my money sparingly throughout the day. And if the hotel's breakfast is a buffet, even better!

Especially when traveling internationally, the hotel breakfast buffet can be quite an extravaganza, featuring a variety of foods from all over the world. During my Delhi visit, the buffet usually had omelettes, sausage, bacon, pancakes, potatoes, naan, steak, vegetables, fruit, assorted pastries, yogurt, stewed lentils and "dim sum."

Dim sum didn't mean the assortment of tasty morsels that I've come to identify as dim sum, but it was any ol' dumpling that they decided to serve that day. One day "dim sum" looked like siu mai. Another day "dim sum" was a chicken sausage wrapped in seaweed. Interesting.

My flight leaves in about 10 hours, which means I have to check out of my hotel before the breakfast feast begins. Boo.

No comments: