Friday, April 11, 2008

Power walk

When I arrived at the muni station this morning to head to work, I noticed a swarm of commuters pouring back above ground. It seems the entire muni system was at a standstill so people were frantically trying to find alternate means of transportation to work.

How in the world could the entire system shut down? Does this happen in any other city? Lunacy.

The above-ground F line was packed like a can of sardines. Not a single free taxi cab was in sight and hoards of office jockeys looked puzzled on the sidewalks.

As I pondered my next move, I ran into Mattress who convinced me that the only solution would be to walk to work. So we did. And nearly an hour later, I arrived at The Corporation, 20 minutes late for a call. But at least I got a little exercise in and a little QT with Mattress along the way!

No comments: