Thursday, April 3, 2008

Such great sights

You can bet that while I'm in Delhi I'll make time to take in all the sights. Fortunately, our India-based team agrees with my philosophy so they've helped to build in some sightseeing into my work itinerary.

On the 1.5 hour journey to today's first factory, we drove by the qutab minar, a magnificent monument that people are no longer allowed to climb due to suicide attempts and accidents. While we were able to fleetingly enjoy this structure from our car, I would have liked to at least taken a quick walk around it. But that was not to be the case.

And on our way back into Delhi after the factory tours, we stopped by the Dilli Haat, an outdoor marketplace where vendors from all of India's regions sell local handicrafts and artifacts (or "art d'facts" as one sign proclaimed). I may have ended up with a few drawings even though I insisted that I wasn't going to buy anything.

No comments: