Thursday, June 12, 2008

5. Wide awake...

Thanks to Recovery Monday, I have been introduced to Marguerite Perrin, apparently a star of Trading Spouses from several years back. How I've never known of this self-proclaimed "God warrior" who's fighting against all forces "dark-sided" before is beyond me. But she is a glorious caricature of close-minded holy rollers across this great nation of ours.

Her antics have been well documented and it's easy to derive both pleasure and hilarity from her behavior, but my favorite scene from the episode was when the new-agey mother tried to hypnotize Marguerite's daughter, Ashley.

At first, I wondered why she needed a microphone (and a script) to perform her hypnotism. But then it all became clear. The fun appears below, at 2:15...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see! not having cable's not so bad!