Monday, June 23, 2008

Drunk dining

Despite my best efforts, I failed to stay sober for Puppy's dinner party last night. And I think I was that guest - the drunk and embarrassing one. Sad.

It all began when I met up with Speedy and his girlfriend for Mexican food before they caught their plane back to New York. Since we had some time to kill, we hit a bar and watched the Spain v. Italy soccer match while knocking back a few drinks. The bartender taught us all about drinking absinthe and the origin of the name "bloody mary" so it was quite an educational experience.

Then, after a bit of shopping, I met up with Blanca, PorkChop and ChickenHawk who were enjoying a few Sunday libations and jello shots. Of course, this panda couldn't control himself so I continued down the slippery slope toward drunkenness.

After that, I stopped by the Bar to see Beetle, Roommates A&J and Mahogany Sparkle where I indulged in yet another drink before heading to ThunderBoy's farewell happy hour. ThunderBoy, you see, is moving to Angola for his new job so I simply had to see him off!

Lo and behold, it was time for Puppy's dinner party so I grabbed a few jello shots as party favors and I headed to the wine vendor. I can only imagine what the salesperson thought when I entered his shop, picked out a bottle of pinot noir and tried my hardest to carry on a conversation without slurring. Did he notice the fistful of jello shots in my hand? Probably. Did he care? It didn't appear so in my drunken state.

Finally, I made it to Puppy's where the other dinner guests had assembled with glasses of wine. Puppy prepared a delicious feast and I think I managed to make it through the meal without spilling. Something to be proud of, indeed.

No comments: