Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Orlan-dunzo

Roommates A&J and I were the last ones standing in Orlando this morning so we decided a sensible meal was in order before we ended our little vacay and head to the airport. Throughout my time in Orlando, I think I consumed approximately 4,387 chicken nuggets, 387 orders of fries, seventeen hamburgers and one side order of broccoli. Our food options in O-Town were pretty limited so my diet has resembled that of a fatty 8-year old whose parents have entrusted him with a blank check at McDonald's. Furthermore, I've exercised a grand total of zero times, thus ... I'm as big as a house!

So we opted to eat at a restaurant where chicken nuggets were decidedly not on the menu. And I smartly ordered a salad for my meal. We took some time to walk around the little shopping center at which we'd ended up. Roommate A purchased some litterature: the first Gossip Girl novel and we saw a building that was built to resemble a structure that had been upended and turned upside-down. It was one of the weirdest things I'd ever seen. It's like everything in Orlando has to compete with the Disney theme parks so they go over the top in their architecture.

And now, after two flights across the country, both of which featured babies who were screaming at the top of their lungs throughout, I'm finally back in San Francisco. My next flight is not until the end of next month, and for that I'm grateful. I'm excited to sleep in my own bed tonight! This panda is tired.

No comments: