Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend wedding

Yesterday I went up to Marin for Easy's wedding. It was a scorchingly hot day and I was sort of tempted to just stay put in the city and enjoy the scantily clad homos in the sun. But my better judgment kicked in and I drove up to the Marin Art and Garden Center for the festivities.

It was a gorgeous ceremony and it was so personal to the couple. One of their close friends officiated and their vows were very reflective of each other. It was also a great opportunity to see Speedy, who came from New York to attend the wedding and to see Easy's siblings, Granny and Rausch.

As all weddings should, Easy's wedding was stocked with all sorts of liquor (margaritas were the signature drink) and the food was delicious. Most impressive was the very nice cake - each tier was a different flavor! Personally, I enjoyed the chocolate section.

When the official wedding reception ended and everyone headed over to the "after-party," I drove back home so that I could resist the temptation of the drink. I'd remained a sober panda because the last thing I need right now is a DUI...

No comments: