Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday, bloody Tuesday

I set aside some time this morning to get some blood drawn at my doctor's orders. He needed verification that a vaccination had "taken hold" so I had to march myself down to the local lab.

Since I had blocked off my entire morning for this activity, I decided that I would hit the gym before my bloody ordeal and that I would reward myself with a sensible breakfast (huevos rancheros and chicken apple sausage) afterward. After all, having blood drawn is not a fun activity - and definitely deserves a treat.

Anyhoo, today was an arms day at the gym so when the lab technician tied off my right arm, he said, "don't you dare flex that huge gun or the tie will pop off and snap me in the eye!" I appreciated the flattery, but I'm sure the technician has seen bigger guns in his professional life - as someone who tends to medical issues in the Castro.

So now I'm sporting a piece of gauze taped to my arm - just to let people know that I had to endure a difficult Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

You should totes say you gave blood. Get a few pats on the back for being such a good citizen. Heh.