Monday, June 30, 2008

Leisure lundi

Internets, I could get used to enjoying time off. I had such a lovely day, not worrying about work or having to be anywhere and just enjoying some time to myself.

I had a good workout and relished in the fact that no one was really at the gym at the civilized hour of 11:00am. I thought about going for a swim, but I realized that a class was being taught in the pool. More interestingly, when I saw the instructor's name, I realized it was a girl I'd swum with in college. For one year, anyway. Then she transferred to another school for the remainder of her undergraduate time. She was kind of a wacko and lived off-campus with her husband (yes, at 18 years old - I don't think anyone knew she was married) and told stories about driving across the country while tripping on acid. A quality gal, indeed.

After the gym, I went to the Mission, sat in the sun and had my favorite seafood salad in the city for lunch. I did laundry, ran some errands, then realized it was time to head to the East Bay for dinner with Shotgun and Franny, who's in town for a brief visit from Berlin.

Shotgun made a delicious dinner of skirt steak with a cilantro dipping sauce and a nice green salad. For dessert, she made homemade honey ice cream and roasted some figs and raspberries together. It was pretty amazing. It was great catching up with Franny, Shotgun and her husband. And Shotgun's newest baby is so adorable! As an added bonus, we sat around and watched some of the US Olympic Swim Trials, which caused us to all reminisce about days gone by when we actually swam in competitions.

No comments: