Thursday, July 10, 2008

After this module, you will be able to...

I've just spent the last two hours in front of my computer, intently listening to an animated man guide me through my new employer's history. The computerized man asks me very kindly to answer a few questions to make sure all the "learning" has seeped into my brain, and in the off-chance that I get the answer wrong, he tells me the answers, looks concerned, then asks the question again.

I'm sure there have been thousands and thousands of studies that extol the virtues of computer-based training, but I'm really not sure how effective this is as a learning tool. My eyes glaze over, I start to think about dinner and I grow restless. Nonetheless, I have two more hours of this particular module left, and after that, I have three more modules to complete in the next month. Wheeeeee!

No comments: