Thursday, July 24, 2008

Filing break

My ongoing "partnership" with the IT help desk continues and today I had the privilege of swapping out my computer. For whatever reason, I've been working on a cumbersome desktop which I manage to kick approximately every 24 seconds. But today was the big day where my desktop was to be replaced by a shiny new laptop! Unfortunately, that meant I was without any computer for about an hour while files were being switched over.

So, while my electronic files were migrating, I decided to take a stab at filing all the papers that have been piling up in my cube. I'm trying to edit down my files since I spent hours clearing out my old files when I left my old company. In that process, I uncovered documents I had filed away four years prior and never needed since. I'm sure I'll do the same thing here, but at least it will look like I'm organized and not buried under a mountain of paper!

No comments: