Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chihuly

Roommates A&J, Puppy and I got up very, very early for a Saturday morning to hit the Dale Chihuly glass exhibition at the De Young museum. Remarkably, we were able to organize ourselves and get to the museum by 10:00am, before the crowds began to arrive.

The exhibit was beautifully staged and lit, and I totally wanted to take a lot of them home with me. Granted, I have no room for swirly glass chandeliers, boats of colorful glass bulbs or lavender reeds sprouting from logs.

When we were done with our tour, the line into the exhibit was totes long and we were grateful for our ability to motivate so early in the morning. We climbed to the observation deck, spotted our respective homes on a ginormous map and padded through the gift shops. For me, what made the exhibit that much greater is the fact that Dale Chihuly has an eye patch!

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

The only thing cooler than an eye patch is having different-colored eyes like David Bowie.