Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Help desk hell

I thought that changing companies would ease the technological pains I experienced while at my last job. The last company I worked for was notorious for poor technology and telecommunications. I would try every single last resort before forced to call the IT help desk for aid because it was so painful and the representatives were usually so incompetent.

Sadly, I think I've spent every single day of my employment at the new company on the phone with IT help. It's been ridiculous. While my computer seems to start up in record time (At the old company, I would turn my computer on, hang up my coat, fill up my water bottle, go down to the cafe, order breakfast, return to my desk and wait about 5 minutes before it was up and running.) and many things work better than at the old company, I still find that I run into technological issues all the time.

Is there any company where employees can avoid spending hours upon hours with customer service representatives?

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Did you reboot? You should try to reboot.

[HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAAA! Oh man, I kill me.]