Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I just don't see you as the next Elle Woods ... on Broadway

MTV just wrapped up a show called Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search for the Next Elle Woods. And I loved every single minute of this melodramatic trainwreck!

From the moments where the contestants had to belt out tunes while spinning, where they danced on cobblestones in high-heeled boots, where they quivered before the harsh critique of the judges to the times where they "performed" scenes from the Broadway musical, this show was a hot tranny mess! All the girls were perky and chipper and Haylie Duff, sister of my pal Hilary, was the host!

It had other choice moments, like when Emma was booted from the competition and complained about her competition, "Rhiannon, Lauren, Bailey ... they're just little girls!" Or when Autumn was receiving her criticism and had to rush off the stage to barf.

I'm sad that my girl Lauren didn't win the coveted role, I thought the gay castmember judge was totes obnoxious and I'm really confused about what Haylie Duff has to do with Broadway, but if given the chance, I might actually want to see winner Bailey perform as Elle on Broadway. I'm such a sucker.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Oh my god, kill me now.