Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Indulgent Wednesday

Like many other pandas flirting with type-A personalities, I have a list of things to accomplish during this week between jobs. On that list appear errands such as "clean" and "call Guido back" and "laundry." No where on the list did "get massage" appear, yet that is exactly what I decided to do today.

After a quickie gym workout, I walked by a spa and thought that I should investigate a massage appointment for the afternoon. You see, my back's been acting up a bit and I figured a nice relaxing massage might help to put it at ease. Plus, I'd never had a massage before and thought that it was about time I tried one.

So after my lunch date with VALedictorian (pho in the Sunset), I made my way to the spa where I was treated to a 60 minute deep tissue massage, with focus on my lower back. It was quite a nice experience, after I finally relaxed enough to enjoy it. I'm not a panda who likes to be touched by strangers, so it wasn't easy for me to succumb to the idea of relaxing on a table whilst being pawed. But I'm glad I did it because I feel totes relaxed and quite like jelly.

Then, feeling like I hadn't accomplished enough on my list, I took some old clothes to sell at Crossroads and walked away $120 richer! I don't really want to think about how much I originally paid for the 17 articles of clothing they took, but instead I'll focus on the fact that I was going to donate them for free otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and here i've spent most of my life in pursuit of strangers' touch!