Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Well, I love sex and I love money."

A few nights ago, Chocolate Thunder and I were catching up on Showtime's "new" show, Secret Diary of a Call Girl. It's a British import, but unlike past television attempts at bridging the pond, the network decided not to "re-imagine" it with American actors. Instead, it brought the series over completely untouched, scary British accents and all!

I'll admit that at times I cannot understand what the actors are saying, but I love some of the Anglicisms and the fact that the actors are not impossibly beautiful like they would have been on American television. That is, except for Billie Piper, who plays the titular character. That lady is smokin' hot!

The series makes high class prostitution look so glamorous and conflict-free that it had Chocolate Thunder and I wondering whether or not we could work as call-boys. After a half-second's thought, we came to the conclusion that no, we could not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her horse teeth bother me.