Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I promise you it'll get better, better

When I was in high school, I shared a little theory of mine with VALedictorian. To my untrained ear, it seemed like the word "corazón" appeared in the lyrics of every single Spanish song I heard, whether it was a ballad, an uptempo diddy or a gangsta-fied rap. After carefully listening to a sample of approximately 10 songs, VALedictorian agreed with me.

Well, now there's a song that's actually called "Corazón" and it is a hot tranny mess! This is like three songs in one. It has three sections with different tempos and the singers are all over the place. I wonder if three different producers had individual takes on what the song should sound like and someone appeased them by splicing the interpretations all together. I also wonder what the remixes sound like.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

They DO all have "corazon" in them. Having held this theory for years, Mr. Gleemonex is fond of busting out "mi corazon, pendejo rojo" in the style of whatever song is on the juke at our favorite restaurant y cantina ...