Monday, September 8, 2008

Celeb sighting: le maire

I spent the entire day at a conference about corporate sustainability, trying to stay awake and engaged. It's not that it was a particularly bad conference, it's just that I am a particularly sleepy panda. I also feel like I'm so new in my role that I didn't have anything to contribute or enough context for some of the conversations. So, I was more in listen mode than anything else.

At lunch, San Francisco's mayor Gavin Newsom addressed the crowd of corporate folks. I'd never seen the mayor before and I must admit that he's a very good speaker. He seemed casual, articulate and focused without coming across as scripted or inauthentic. Plus, he really seemed to know what he was talking about - always a plus.

I also have to admit that I spent a lot of time staring at his hair and wondering exactly how he gets it all to stay in place like that.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

It is Magick, I tell you.