Monday, September 15, 2008

Matrimonial merriment

Thanks to Franny's marriage celebration, I enjoyed a little escape from the city this past weekend. Puppy and I drove out into the 'burbs for a really lovely party in the hills.

The Swerve was mostly there (except for Jillian and BFJ, who were both sorely missed) and it was sort of startling to see all the new babies together in one place! All of my friends were much braver than I, shacking up in the rustic youth hostel for the weekend while I decided to stay in my parents' home, a mere 5 minutes away.

The party was very nice, with lots of terrific food and wine, spirited conversation, fond reflection and reminiscing and heartfelt toasts. Even though the party's setting is less than an hour away from the city, it seemed like an entirely different world, with its campgrounds, the surrounding mountains and the clear, star-filled night sky. It was great to see almost everyone in one place, but it was too short-lived. I'm definitely looking forward to the next excuse for us to all assemble. Maybe when Jillian's baby is born?

No comments: