Friday, September 26, 2008

Citation needed

I had the great fortune of dining with Franny and her new(ish) husband during their brief San Francisco visit last night. They're a hot, in-demand couple, so I feel honored that I got them all to myself as we shared some salad, pizza and butterscotch pudding!

I'm pretty sure that it's only with these two that I could participate in a spirited discussion about wikipedia, the appropriate times to cite it as a resource, the changing nature of research and the evolving role of libraries. And somehow we managed to contain ourselves when someone at the next table started pounding the tabletop and yelling "Gong! Gong! Gong! Gong!" over and over again.

1 comment:

Lena said...

Chembot would like to know if it was appropriate to cite Wikipedia in his dissertation. Because he did. Booya!