Friday, September 5, 2008

"Physically, I was born a male"

Ugh. I spent two hours last night watching the season premiere of America's Next Top Model. Why can't I wean myself off this horrible, horrible Tyra Banks ego-boost?

Since it's so early in the competition, there's a glut of contestants and I can't tell who I'm really rooting for, but a few stand out. Everyone seems to be abuzz about Isis, the transgender contestant who really does take some fantastic pictures. Puppy and I were both pleased to see one of the three Brittanys get the boot, thanks to her horrible personality. Selives reports that he's gunning for Clark, the bitchy Southern belle. I kind of found Marjorie's overwhelming nerves and awkwardness to be charming.

But really, what is up with the whole "future" theme (and Mr. J's terrible hair)? And slapping "Eco Friendly Is Fierce" on a bus doesn't make this show environmentally sustainable! Plus, it's like even Tyra can't even take this show seriously anymore. It's camp overdrive.

1 comment:

room8J said...

I loved the results of the $4 special effects budget!