Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chatty cabby

I just finished brunching with my former boss who recently moved from San Francisco to Pittsburgh. During our brunch, she asked me if I found the cab drivers in Pittsburgh to be particularly talkative and I realized that both my cab drivers certainly have been Chatty McCatterson.

My cab driver from the airport to my hotel was quite the jokester. He told doctor jokes, smoking jokes and a few that were bordering on off-color. We talked about his family, his kids, a recent trip to Atlantic City and local Pittsburgh sites.

The driver of my cab to brunch this morning was also quite loquacious, but once he learned that I'm from San Francisco, all he wanted to discuss was Nancy Pelosi. I didn't really have much to say in return.

I guess cab drivers here are more talkativethan the ones I'm used to. I wonder what tomorrow's cab driver will discuss on my way to the airport.

No comments: