Sunday, March 16, 2008

Buh-bye big apple

Well, it had to happen. Today was the final day of our New York vacay. It all happened so quickly and it feels like it's ending too soon, but I do feel like I'm ready to return to a more stable existence where I don't go out every night and I actually get to the gym once in a while.

I spent the majority of today with Dickinator in SoHo. We brunched, we shopped, we caught up under our matching umbrellas. We watched an episode of America's Next Top Model and we generally had a lovely Sunday.

Afterward, I joined Prec, BrightEyes and Adorable at the New York Eagle where we enjoyed some beers and watched some strapping men play pool. It was a good time but I think it would have been nice to have a friendlier, more engaging crowd.

Then, we headed to Hiro for the Sunday gay event where we danced for a while. It was a decent event and I was pleased to meet some cute Brazilians whom I'd admired at the Eagle, but overall I think I was feeling worn out from the last several days. As fun as vacation has been, I think my body will appreciate a return to normalcy.

No comments: