Thursday, March 13, 2008

What makes you blush?

It's BrightEyes's first visit to New York so GarGar and I led him through uber-touristy Times Square to see the billboards, the crowds and the flashing lights firsthand. While crossing the street, we were stopped by a fashionable lady who asked if we would participate in her project.

After initial reluctance (and for me, after spotting the boom operator with the dreamy eyes), we agreed to her interview. It turns out she was E. Jean, a columnist for ELLE magazine, who dispenses style advice to women across the country.

We were being filmed for an online spot to debut next month and she asked us, "What makes you blush?" When she turned to me, I answered "NARS has a wonderful blush that I use," and she stopped me mid-sentence and said that my response wasn't usable because the segment's sponsor was Max Factor! Then she said to me, "orgasm?" And I think I probably did blush. Little did I realize that she meant the name of NARS's blush color is orgasm!

I also answered another question about blushing as it pertains to my tranny, wig-wearing comrades. I hope that some of our interview makes it into the segment next month and I do regret not asking her about Nina Garcia, "fashion editor for ELLE magazine!"

No comments: