Saturday, March 15, 2008

Friday is gay night

Before meeting up with the San Francisco crew in the east village, SameBrain and I checked out the Friday night gay party at the Chelsea Hotel last night. As we entered the basement bar, the bouncer reminded all the arriving patrons that it was "gay night" in case revelers were looking for another type of experience.

It was a small space with only one bar and lots of cute boys but we managed to snag a corner booth. After I made a trip to the bar for some libations, I returned to our seat to find an Australian fellow chatting SameBrain up. He was looking for other happening gay clubs and bars - and turned to my friend for some advice.

It turns out the Australian claimed to be straight, but only likes to go to gay bars. To me that's sort of strange behavior, but not as strange as the idea of a straight man in a gay bar who was wearing approximately two dozen jelly bracelets on his left wrist.

1 comment:

jboogie said...

To be fair, I think it was one bracelet that just looked like lots o jellies. Doesn't matter, he wasn't cute anyway...too bad, Australian firefighter has such a hot ring to it!