Sunday, March 2, 2008

McHealthy?

So, I may have just visited McDonalds and indulged in a sausage mcmuffin with egg. It's one of my favorite treats and I often feel that I'm allowed to eat one if I'm at an airport, waiting for a flight. Today's excuse? Well, none really. I had just finished a workout and I saw the golden arches so I went for it!

Recently, I've also been consuming many of Starbucks's classic sausage, egg and aged cheddar cheese breakfast sandwiches. It's a great accompaniment to my morning chai or vanilla latte. But as I bit into my sausage mcmuffin this morning, it struck me that it seemed lighter and less greasy than the Starbucks alternative.

So, when I looked up the nutritional information for both sandwiches, it was interesting to find that the mcdonald's variety (and the one I prefer) seems to be "healthier" than the Starbucks one! It has 90 fewer calories, 8 fewer grams of carbs and 3 grams fewer fat! Does this mean I should give myself permission to start my days with a little sausage mcheaven action?

No comments: