Saturday, March 22, 2008

Force your hips forward like you're ... uh, well ... um.

Last month I bought a personal training session with a coupon I received in the mail. I've mostly been anti-personal trainer because I work out frequently enough and I don't really think I should be shelling out bucks for a workout partner. But I thought I'd do a one-time deal and learn some new tricks and mix up my routine a bit. Plus, I got to pick one of my fave, easy-on-the-eyes trainers to work out with and that ain't bad.

So yesterday I cashed in on the training credit and boy was I put through the paces. The trainer showed me all sorts of new moves, corrected my form on some other exercises and really made me sweat.

While he was showing me how to properly do barbell squats, he mentioned that I wasn't being forceful enough on the recovery. He wanted to see me "pop" into a straight position, with my pelvis leading the way. When he demonstrated, he used a fairly sexual metaphor and made us both blush. I think I was tongue-tied for the rest of our session.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Whatever do you mean, Panda? I'm sure I don't understand.