Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Capelet crusader

Our last dinner in Macau was another traditional Chinese feast with delicious dishes that we gobbled up greedily, despite having essentially eaten our way around Macau.

While we were on our second course, I spotted a strangely dressed fellow, turned to my sister and whispered, "Look! He is wearing a plaid capelet! It's not a shirt! It's like a shrug that's clasped in the front around his neck!"

By the time Lil' Sis' Panda!!!! noticed, he had taken a seat so we couldn't really see whether or not my eyes had deceived me. So, I sent her on a little tour of the restaurant, after which she confirmed that he was indeed wearing a plaid capelet ... and incidentally he appeared to be clipping his toenails at the table. Our cousins clamored for a view, but alas, we could not really see him across the busy restaurant.

Later, around the fourth course, I tried to see our fashion-forward friend, but he had disappeared. Luckily, my sister saw the plaid garment draped across one of the waitress's arms and realized that the capelet was being loaned out to cold diners!

So, we requested two capelets at our table and took turns posing in the lovely garment, much to the confusion of our fellow diners but much to our own delight.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Dude, seriously: I love you. I want to hang with your fam. In Macau.