Monday, August 11, 2008

Dinner disaster

After drinking way too much yesterday afternoon with Mahogany Sparkle, Roommates A&J (Interestingly, Puppy and I spotted some Roommates A&J doppelgangers from and were both convinced it was them for a second. Then we realized our folly and were quite weirded out by it.), Lucy Ricardo and Beetle, Puppy and I decided we needed to watch the Olympics and order Chinese food (just like being in Beijing!).

So I called up a local Chinese restaurant (thanks to the menu I found hanging on my door when we got to my apartment) and placed an order for some yumminess. Sadly, Puppy wasn't feeling well and spent a bit of time by my toilet and I passed out on the couch, watching the television, waiting for our dinner to arrive.

When the phone rang and woke me up, a Chinese lady was on the other end, yelling at me and asking why we hadn't answered the door when our food arrived earlier. I explained that we did still want our food and I apologized for missing the delivery.

After hanging up with her, I realized we had missed the phone ringing six times! The poor delivery guy had been at the door, ringing the buzzer for about 15 minutes before returning to the restaurant. It wasn't until the seventh call that I was coaxed from my slumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, aren't you forgetting someone??