Saturday, August 9, 2008

Free trial

My new job offers a discounted gym membership with a club that competes with my current one. So, I figured I'd at least check it out with a week pass.

It's probably four times the size of my current gym, with much more equipment, a nice pool and plenty of classes to take. But I'm realizing just how clean and orderly my current gym is and how comfortable I've grown working out there over the last four years.

My workouts yesterday and today have taken twice as long as usual because I don't know where anything is and I feel like I'm using machines for the wrong purpose. None of my friends are there so I have no one to talk to, but that could be a good thing. It certainly hasn't felt as busy as my current gym, but I haven't put it to the Monday post-work test yet.

We'll see, but my inclination is to go for the switch since it will mean saving quite a few dolla dolla billz.

No comments: