Thursday, August 21, 2008

Locker room vigilante justice

One of my pet peeves is when someone spreads all their gym equipment onto the bench in the locker room as they go about their business. It's particularly annoying when someone leaves their dirty, sweaty clothes on the bench before disappearing to the showers for a while. They totally monopolize space that's supposed to be public and I'm not about to touch their filthy clothes to claim a bit of the space, so I typically do my thing in the corner, balancing on one foot, while I sneak my shoes on.

Well, today I was in a particularly salty mood and when I returned to my locker after showering and found sweaty clothes all over the bench and no site of the perpetrator, I decided I'd take action. After getting dressed, I sat on the corner of the bench, used my towel to wipe my feet dry and gently tossed the towel over the offending pile of clothes. I slipped my shoes on, threw my bag over my shoulder, and, since no one was looking, used the towel to pick up the guy's Calvin Klein boxer briefs. As I exited the locker room, I nonchalantly tossed my towel, wrapped around the sweaty underwear, into the bin where dirty towels are taken to the laundry.

And the best part is I know exactly who the underwear belonged to! The offender was a particularly creepy man whose stares have always made me uncomfortable. It's amazing how much better I felt as I left the gym. Justice totally lifts my spirits!

3 comments:

room8J said...

He must have been so CONFUSE!

Anonymous said...

awesome. you're my hero.

Unknown said...

they were wally's weren't they!!