Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chi-town shenanigans

When Beetle called me earlier to let me know that he, Mattress and PorkChop saw Marjorie, the awkward French contestant from this season - ahem, cycle - of America's Next Top Model, I was sort of jealous that I didn't get the chance to run up to her during her dinner in the Haight and ask if she really did relate to Quazimoto, with her hunched back and French accent.

But fortunately, I let Beetle know that I was at a bar in Chicago with Gerbil and he instructed me to visit the lady bartender, whom he knew. Once I did some not-so-casual name dropping with the lady bartender, we had a lovely discussion about how wonderful Mattress and Beetle are, how they're coming to Chicago in a few weeks and how I deserved a free drink! It was wonderful.

But then we continued our night and Gerbil's friend ditched an old man who was telling everyone they were on a date. And when said old man came up to us, clearly upset and clearly angry, Gerbil's friend left with him to appease him. Way to play the sacrificial lamb...

No comments: