Tuesday, October 28, 2008

eXcess Music radio

When I picked up my rental car this afternoon, the lady at the counter exclaimed, "You're lucky! This car comes with XM radio!"

Foolishly, I fell for her excitement and felt that I, too, should be excited for my afternoon drive with XM radio. So, I drove off the rental lot, scrolling through the stations to find a fun channel to drive to. I dialed through new age, country, jazz, extreme urban, classical, BBC America (!), the Sean Hannity channel (vomit), some evangelical channels, easy listening, classic rock and a million athletic channels that were all silent because no games were happening.

And through all my scrolling, I couldn't find any channel to listen to! I briefly paused on the Radio Disney channel, but I kind of find Miley Cyrus's voice to be super-grating. So, I switched over to FM and listened to Chicagoland's most poppy radio station and sang along to Womanizerand Disturbia.

No comments: