Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'll just spectate, thank you very much

I'm in lovely Rosemont, IL for a conference that's been much more fluff than stuff. The panels and speakers have been pretty dull and I don't think I've learned much. I guess it's just your typical conference.

When the conference organizer introduced one panel and said that the moderator had assembled the panelists within the previous 45 minutes, a conference-goer at my table turned to me and said, "That doesn't bode well for this session" and I let him know that the moderator had contacted me to participate on the panel yesterday. As in 24 hours ago.

After reviewing the questions he intended to ask, I decided that I'd rather not put myself up on stage to pontificate about the upcoming Administration change and its impact on my company's business and instead I'd watch from the audience. And I'm totally glad I wasn't put on the spot because some of those panelists were clearly uncomfortable with the line of questioning. And I got to sit back and watch while eating a cookie.

No comments: