Monday, October 6, 2008

Old habits

Yesterday was the Castro Street Fair, marking the end of the summer fun festivities. Most of my friends were in Napa for a wedding, but I had the chance to enjoy the fair with Puppy, Periwinkle and some of their friends.

It's sort of the same thing every year. You make your way up and down the street, get progressively drunker, pause to eat chicken on a stick and patronize a few bars. For me, I tend to stay right in front of the Bar on Castro and greet my fans as they pass by. This year, however, we spent a lot of time inside the bar, which is weird only because it was such a nice day and a great opportunity to be out and about. Nonetheless, we hung out in the dark cave that is the bar and downed some shots and drinks, courtesy of Beetle. Puppy was especially pleased with his cosmo served in a gigantic plastic pink flamingo yard glass!

No comments: