Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Under construction

I just looked in the mirror and realized my hair is an absolute mess! It makes complete sense, though, because I just returned from visiting the site where one of our new distribution centers is being built.

Basically, I toured the construction site and my guide shared with me all the environmental considerations that are going into the building. While the environmental attributes are interesting, I found the scale of the distribution center itself to be more fascinating. The entire building is amazingly huge and has so many different parts, including a ginormous refrigerator in which people will work to pack temperature-sensitive narcotics.

But spending this week in the Chicago 'burbs has already become pretty boring. I wish that Rosemont, IL were more interesting or that I had friends with me to act up!

No comments: