Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I learned recently that, after Christmas, Halloween is the occasion that drives the most retail sales in the US. And I'm not surprised after receiving several photos from Mama Panda!!!! who is apparently decking out my childhood home in anticipation of a grand Halloween party to which I was not invited. She seems especially proud of the place settings she created - for a 10-person dinner tonight.

I've seen a few co-workers and passers-by in costume, but I haven't felt all that Halloweeney. Maybe it's because I've been out of town for the past week or maybe it's because I can't believe we're so close to the end of 2008!

In any case, I'm sure I'll find my ghoulish spirit in time for tonight's festivities. Prec and GarGar are hosting a party and there are rumors that Castro will be closed down for revelers to fill the streets. The weather, however, doesn't seem to cooperative, but I'm sure my Speed Racer-sans-helmet costume, made up mainly of Banana Republic purchases, will fare just fine.

No comments: