Friday, October 24, 2008

Passive aggressive panda

With a minimum of grumbling, I made a special effort to get into the office before an 8am conference call this morning. I'm not that great in the morning, so this was a particularly notable accomplishment for me. But I have to admit that 8am was much more manageable than the original suggested time of 6am (The call organizer neglected to note that I'm on the West Coast.).

I got settled, logged into my computer, dialed into the bridge, and listened to the muzak as I waited for the other participants. As I went through my e-mails, I noticed a message coming in asking to reschedule the call, so I hung up and responded that I would be happy to reschedule.

Minorly annoyed, I went about my business until a few minutes later, I received another e-mail from one of the other participants stating that they were all on the line, waiting for the call organizer and for me. But at this time I was so annoyed with the call organizer (whom I had to remind last night to send out the dial-in number) that I ignored her message asking if I was still available to join and I leisurely went out to get a bagel breakfast sandwich.

Toward the end of the hour, I sent a message to all participants explaining that I had called in promptly at 8am, received the message about rescheduling and turned to do some other work. I conveniently left out any mention of my full-fat breakfast.

No comments: