Wednesday, October 8, 2008

On probation

In every meeting where I'm presenting or meeting someone for the first time, my boss introduces me as, "This is Panda!!!!. He's our new Director of Corporate Citizenship and he is absolutely the right man for this job..."

It strikes me as odd that she has to defend the fact that I occupy my current position, but I have a feeling that she's also defending her decision to hire me. I, of course, am a reflection on her, but it's weird to be reminded so many times that there may have been opposition to my employment. It also makes me feel that, at any moment, someone might decide that I'm not right for the job and I'll have to join my brothers and sisters in the gutters of the Tenderloin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It strikes me as odd that she introduces you as "Panda!!!"