Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And there goes my lifestyle

Internets, in a few weeks you should expect fewer postings about dining out, boozing with the friends or anything else involving spending cash money. You see, I just made an offer on a little piece of real estate and I won't be able to afford much more than ramen and netflix.

I actually made the offer last week, but we've been negotiating the finer points. The seller wants more money, I refuse to pay more. The seller wants more time to close the sale, I yield. Things of that nature.

Finally, after three counter offers, I received a verbal acceptance of my offer terms last night and received some very legalish paperwork today. I signed and initialed where instructed and I faxed it all away. Apparently, at some point today, a messenger will come for my "earnest money deposit" check, insurance that I mean business.

Because I'm the sort of panda that fears things can go wrong until they're properly settled and finished, I don't really feel like this is happening. I can't get all excited until the process is dunzo and I have the keys in my hand, so I'm still going to continue looking for a place to live and I'll refrain from decorating in my head until later. But for now, I will worry about how I'll maintain my active social life that includes early '80s revivals, premium cable channels and the occasional night out.

2 comments:

andrew said...

You'll always have the bar!

Anyway, congrats, I hope!

Gleemonex said...

Congratulations!! Panda, that is awesome!