Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bad dog, no biscuit

Puppy and I went to a civilized little dinner party the other night at The Communist's house. The dinner was to celebrate the fact that her mother and PolicyWonkette were in town to help her with some wedding planning.

I hadn't seen PolicyWonkette in several years, so it was really nice to catch up with her. Especially since we used to live around the corner from each other in Washington DC. In preparation for the meal, she prepared a tomato and chickpea spread/salad that was nicely served as an appetizer on the living room coffee table.

As the dinner got underway and the guests moved to the dining table, I looked over to see the dog happily eating all of the leftover appetizers, mostly the cheese. When I mentioned this, The Communist's fiance angrily snapped his fingers and pulled the dog to the other room for a time out, making it slightly awkward for the rest of us. Then he returned to the table as if nothing were wrong.

Several minutes later, I noticed the dog was at the coffee table again, this time devouring all the chickpeas. Instead of getting the dog in trouble, I just kept to myself and watched it happily gobble up all the treats as the humans enjoyed our dinner and conversation.

No comments: